NIACINAMIDE & ITS BENEFITS
The world of skincare is evolving every single day and along it the consumers are too. Consumers are more aware of what they're putting on their body and have an unnerving hunger to learn, so that they can make effective choices for themselves.
Having said that, more consumers are learning about the various actives used in skincare that might help them achieve their skincare goals. One of such raging active ingredient is 'Niacinamide'. Can be easily considered among the most loved active, Niacinamide has a lot of feathers on its cap. To name a few, Niacinamide helps to control excess sebum production which further helps in decongesting open pores. It is also great for strengthening the skin barrier and shields against the harmful rays of the sun as well.
Here in the blog, we will peep into the glowing world of this holy-grail of skincare to see what magical benefits it has for us.
Why consider using Niacinamide?
Niacinamide is a form of Vitamin B3 that is water-soluble, which means that it is not stored in the body and is important to replenish, unlike Hyaluronic Acid, which is naturally present in our skin cells.
With time when your skin cells start weakening, Niacinamide can boost up the strengthening of the skin barrier while acting like an antioxidant by limiting free radical damage. Another important reason to consider Niacinamide is that it boosts hydration. It prevents transepidermal water loss and optimizes the ability of other moisturising ingredients to perform well.
Who is Niacinamide ideal for?
Niacinamide is that outgoing friend that gels well with every skin type, much like our other active friend, Hyaluronic Acid. It is a given fact that Niacinamide helps to control oil production which further helps to control acne related concerns, making it a ga-ga favourite among the oily skin-type. But given its multifunctional trait, it has a lot to offer to every skin type out there, including sensitive skin types.
Although you can never go wrong by adding this holy grail to your regime, it is always advisable to consult a professional and do a patch-test before introducing any active ingredient to your skincare routine.
How does Niacinamide benefit your skin?
We can fill pages typing down the innumerable benefits that Niacinamide has- but to start with, let’s count on the most crucial ones~
● Controls sebum production to treat acne and breakouts
● Soothes inflammation and redness
● Strengthens the skin barrier and keeps it hydrated
● Reduces the early signs of aging like fine lines and wrinkles
● Reduces hyperpigmentation from breakouts or age spots
● Improves skin texture
Things to keep in mind:
● It’s a common myth that you shouldn’t use Niacinamide and Vitamin C together in your routine. But the truth is, combining these two actives can lead to skin transformative results when followed consistently. But if you’re experiencing sensitivity, it is better to use one in the morning and one at night.Considering that some of these benefits are longer-term projects (i.e. fading hyperpigmentation, smoothing fine lines), patience and consistency is the key to get the results you’re looking for.